Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,908   Posts: 1,584,646   Online: 845

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by olleorama View Post
    Okay, so another strange idea. I wanna make a portrait of someone in water, with the subject maybe around 12 inches below the surface. The camera over the water. ..
    Tips welcome..
    The other day, I saw some Aussie inventor being interviewd about some lens he had designed (not being an Optics Graduate, he didn't realize it COULDN'T be done, so he upset everyone by doing it, and it works so well that some big name firm stole his idea).

This lens, which has enormous DOF and is in the shape of a periscope several feet long, can be attached to a movie (or still) camera and take underwater shots with the camera above the surface.

Sounds like just the thing for you?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If not already mentioned, you might float an empty aquarium over the subject. Shoot through the bottom of the aquarium where you and your camera are high and dry. I suppose you can use your flash or other lighting as desired, pointed directly at the subject through the bottom glass. My first thought was a glass bottom bucket, but that would be cramped.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Galah View Post
    Sounds like just the thing for you?
    I found some links:

http://www.wipo.int/sme/en/case_studies/frazier.htm

And: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frazier_lens

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin