Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,829   Posts: 1,582,180   Online: 996

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

need exposure advice for packard shutter

I just recently purchased a B&J 5x7 with a Bausch & lomb tessar lens, and a packard shutter. I have never used a packard shutter, and was wanting to know the best method for calculating shutter speed/ exposure. Any advice is greatly appretiated.
    Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kayakerguy
    I just recently purchased a B&J 5x7 with a Bausch & lomb tessar lens, and a packard shutter. I have never used a packard shutter, and was wanting to know the best method for calculating shutter speed/ exposure. Any advice is greatly appretiated.
    Mark
    I use Packards with a couple of different lenses. The "instant" time on Packards is about 1/20 sec (give or take), but that varies on the size of the shutter and your air bulb squeezing technique. Unless I'm working with flash, I try to stop down enough to make my exposures at least 1/2 second or more. I'll even use N.D. filters if necessary to achieve that goal, unless of course I get lucky and 1/20 @ f/22 is close to dead nuts on...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin