Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,792   Online: 906

Shooter
    35mm

another airport x-ray thread

Just to add yet another thread on the continuing discussions about carry-on-baggage x-ray scanners; I just came through Berlin airport with Kodak T-Max 3200, Ilford Delta 3200 and was so tired of arguing for hand inspections that I just let them pass thru the machine. One roll was in a metal body Bessa R2A and had been shot/exposed but not yet processed (obviously) and 2 other rolls in plastic containers were unexposed. In Paris I processed all after shooting with the 2 in plastic containers and I can see NO discernible fogging on any of the 3 rolls of film (image area, frame lines and sprocket area). Just FYI. Cheers, sam

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Flew NYC to Dusseldorf to Vienna, then Salzburg to Berlin, then Berlin to Dusseldorf and back to NYC. Got a hand check leaving NYC, no other airports would offer me one, so my film got zapped (all of it in a lead bag, which probably did nothing since you could see each film canister on the x-ray machine) four times. All of it 35mm, most of it Provia (100F, 400x and 400x pushed to 1600), some Velvia and some Adox CMS 20, plus 5 rolls of Kodachrome. It all looks OK.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin