Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,734   Online: 845

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Lanny,

Hate to say it because Leica-haters don't like to hear it, but the only digital I have bought in the last 6 six years is the M9 and I am glad I did. I still shoot film 99.9% of the times but the M9 is the only digital that comes close to give me the same shooting approach and results. Of course it is expensive as hell but I already had all the lenses so what the heck
    Did have a D700 but that only lasted a month with me. Just can't get into ANY DSLR.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a digital camera on my cellphone and use it constantly. I will be walking along and hear a fake shutter sound. I have a whole digital portfolio of the inside of my pockets. Did I mention I really dislike cellphone cameras. I also like a camera that has five foolproof controls, Aperture, Shutter Speed, Focus, Shutter Release and Advance. I don't care about histograms, GPS, Time and Date; and Photoshop makes my eyes burn.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It also goes against the grain with me to spend more money on a digital camera whose technology will be so quickly outdated than I could buy a late model Hasselblad 500 CW model for.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    It also goes against the grain with me to spend more money on a digital camera whose technology will be so quickly outdated than I could buy a late model Hasselblad 500 CW model for.
    *2 !!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    I wish I had a DSLR, only for duplicating prints and slides, and for testing shutter speeds in cameras. My wife's new, fancy cellphone is beyond good enough for anything else I need a digital camera for, like putting things on ebay.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I want a DSLR for my Pentax lenses. For documentation when I go on vacation, etc. I just don't like processing ten rolls of 35mm film after a trip, and then spend a month in scanning and editing it.
    I went to San Francisco in June and I have color film from there that I haven't even processed yet. I took another trip to Scandinavia just this past week and have a lot of rolls with mainly documentation of places we went. It'll take until 2011 until I have all that done.

But, I will always bring my film camera for things that matter. Like family portraits, etc, basically where I need film to express something important.

Call me silly.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I do not have a digital camera. I have never ownd a digital camera. Therefore I get to throw the first stone.

Duck!!!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I do not have a digital camera. I have never ownd a digital camera. Therefore I get to throw the first stone.

Duck!!!
    What The Duck?

Couldn't resist making that quack!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I do not have a digital camera. I have never ownd a digital camera.
    I can digit.

See below.
    Last edited by lxdude; 09-13-2010 at 06:30 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    That cheesy fake shutter sound really cracks me up!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin