Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,809   Posts: 1,581,536   Online: 939

Shooter
    Medium Format

Over Exposure On Fuji 400h

Thank you all in advance for response to this post.

This weekend I accidentally forgot to change the ISO on my camera from 100 to 400 while shooting with Fuji Pro 400h and I was over exposing by two stops. One, is there anything I need to tell the lab and two, is there a possibility that the images will be blown out. I just started shooting film and I'm curious to know if any one has experienced this and can shed some light on this? From what I've been reading it seems as if Fuji pro 400h had a descent exposure range.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Probably just fine, process normally. The negatives will be darker but you should be able to get plenty of detail.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Color negative film will have no problem handling that, especially 400 speed film.
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    now you'll have nice dense negs with plenty of shadow detail.

I've exposed 400H at 64 before, and the negs were totally fine, just needed to be printed down a good bit(optically). almost looked too flat, since the shadows were too open, you shouldn't have any problems whatsoever, unless you also set your ev to +3 as well .

-Dan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was overexposing by two stops at EV +2.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you all for you feedback. I'm pretty confident everything will be okay now due to your responses!!!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin