Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,910   Posts: 1,556,187   Online: 1006
      
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32
  1. #11
    Jeff Bannow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    1,755
    Images
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    It seems to me you'll need a helluva lens to record it.

    Jeff
    Maybe one of these?

    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

  2. #12
    paulie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    266
    My understanding was that the Planet X theory was finally killed a while ago. So, photographing something that doesn't exist would be quite a feat!
    please state your evidence

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    5,686

    The classic conspiracy theorists/new ageist response!
    Thanks!

    Say what: if you come back when you have captured Planet X on film, and can present convincing evidence that what you show us is indeed a solar system object that could be classified as a planet, i'll stop laughing.

  4. #14
    Jeff Bannow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    1,755
    Images
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by paulie View Post
    please state your evidence
    "Myles Standish had used data from Voyager 2's 1989 flyby of Neptune, which had revised the planet's total mass downward by 0.5%—an amount comparable to the mass of Mars[36]—to recalculate its gravitational effect on Uranus.[37] When Neptune's newly determined mass was used in the Jet Propulsion Laboratory Developmental Ephemeris (JPL DE), the supposed discrepancies in the Uranian orbit, and with them the need for a Planet X, vanished.[3] Moreover, there are no discrepancies in the trajectories of any space probes such as Pioneer 10, Pioneer 11, Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 that can be attributed to the gravitational pull of a large undiscovered object in the outer Solar System.[38] Today, most astronomers agree that Planet X, as Lowell defined it, does not exist.[39]"

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_x
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

  5. #15
    paulie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    266
    i am however talking about a possible binary star

  6. #16
    lxdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Redlands, So. Calif.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,678
    Quote Originally Posted by paulie View Post
    the ultimate challenge, anybody out there have any tips in this challenge?
    Well you need to go to your closet and haul out your Applied Kinetics XBK 2000-B Time-Space Warper. If you don't have yours anymore you can find them online or at pawn shops pretty cheap. Get the newer model; the older one will blow out the fuses in your house. Set it to 1/13 power. If you're using a large format camera, you might need a little more power, I don't know for sure. Calculate the trajectory needed to beam your camera to a point near enough to get an image, being cautious not to disrupt or destroy anything orbiting Earth, like satellites or the Space Station, because they could disrupt the trajectory you calculated, as well as possibly cause a few legal troubles. You should have already acquired some IR film off ebay or wherever, and loaded it into a sufficiently late model camera. I use my grandpa's Argus C3. Put the camera in the camera mount, being careful to secure it, and attach the whole thing to the XBK 2000-B. If the mount is missing, use a bungee cord. Just be sure it's tight.
    Hit the button that says WARP, and after the planet appears to be in line of sight, hit the button marked GO and your camera will instantly be close enough to get the picture. Use the self timer, long cable releases are costly and hard to find. Hit the BACK button to retrieve the camera so you can wind the film and reset the self timer. If your camera advances film all by itself, that helps, but you still need to reset the self timer. An intervalometer comes in handy so you don't have to mess with that either, though I heard of a fellow who trained a rat to hit the shutter release and wind the film.

    I've never tried to get Planet X. I got some good shots of Mercury, but then I heard it's poisonous, so I don't do that anymore. I heard my grandpa somehow got pictures of a mercury comet, but I haven't found them yet. Just some pictures of an old car.

    Oh by the way, some shielding is helpful to avoid radiation fogging the film. I put the camera in one of those lead lined bags with just the lens sticking out. Even though you're warping space-time, a little bit of real time radiation always seems to get through. YMMV.

    Well that's all there is to it. HTH
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    5,686
    Quote Originally Posted by paulie View Post
    i am however talking about a possible binary star
    As a solar system object, yes...

    I put it to you, Paulie, that there are invisible little brown dwarfs living in your house that are responsible for all the bad things in this world when they play ringaringoroses in pairs. What would i need to take a picture of those?
    And don't tell me there are no such things in your house! Where's the evidence?!
    And i'm talking little stars, for goodness' sake!


  8. #18
    Jeff Bannow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    1,755
    Images
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    I put it to you, that there are invisible little brown dwarfs living in your house that are responsible for all the bad things in this world ...
    I know for a fact I do - I call them our cats though.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

  9. #19
    holmburgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Rochester NY (native KS)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,420
    Images
    2
    and..... SCENE!

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    5,686
    How were we? Do you want to do it again? I think we could do better, i mean, i didn't quite catch the right tone. Not quite, i mean... what do you say?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin