Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,335   Online: 828

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sure, you should do it, I think, if it will be worth doing the way you can do it. Don't forget that being respectful of your family comes first, though. How you act in this situation is far more important in the end that any pictures you might get from it.

Waiting for the inevitable event is harder than the event itself. You have my sympathy. I think we all have probably been where you and your family are, at least in some way.

Good luck!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    guitstik, this photo essay might be of help. It might give you an idea of how to go about things:

http://jpgmag.com/stories/16842

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I could not, in clear conscience, photograph this once grand woman in her present condition. In the end she was so frail and wasted that I could not stomach remembering her that way. I would rather keep her memory as she was and we do have photos of her in the last years. I have more reason now to record the legacy she leaves behind, her children and grandchildren.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    I could not, in clear conscience, photograph this once grand woman in her present condition. ... I have more reason now to record the legacy she leaves behind, her children and grandchildren.
    Wish I'd taken more pic's of the kids and wife back when. We've just never been much of a photo family, and most of the stuff I do is not people. Trying to get better, but still end up with only one or two people pics on a roll of other stuff.

Might do a scrap book, and have everyone write down something they remember about her.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Grif, my wife is in charge of that for now.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My Dad passed away Sept 9th in hospice care. Neither I or my brothers could take any pictures of this giant of a man, to us, in his frail condition. I am glad we didn't. No regrets.

Terry

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    I have decided to forgo the photography and be a supportive husband and family member. I am not comfortable sittinge idly by as we await the inevitable and the idea of committing her suffering to film is not a pleasant consideration. I plan on taking the addvice that several here have postulated and put together a collage of her life from the photographs that we already have. I appreciate all the addvice and encouragement that you have given. For now tho, I will be giving my family all the encouragement and support that I can.
    I think you have made the right decision. Not everything in life is a photo opportunity. To be there in person is enough.

Vincent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin