Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,481,965   Online: 947

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eddym View Post
    Actually, considering the amount of backlighting in your scene, I think the detail in the girl's face looks pretty good. You could improve it by adding some fill light, either from a flash or a reflector. But if that is not practical for you, then you might just try dodging the face a little during printing. Don't overdo it; a backlit face will not look natural if it shines as if it were in full sun!
    I would agree. It does not look all that bad. If you bring it up a bit the sky will become very light, which in this case it will make the image stronger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michelleg View Post
    Thanks everyone - I guess the bottom line is I need to develop and scan myself. I'll be looking into it!
    Go ahead and look into it but you really don't have to.

Doing the processing myself is fun and rewarding, for me, but it's not everybody's cup-of-tea, not even mine when the volume is high and there is a deadline. It's also a fair amount of effort.

I do backlighting too and when I shoot a wedding I send out the film to Richard Photo Lab and they do a great job.

The magic is in me telling them what I want and them listening, which RPL does well.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin