Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,064   Online: 816

Shooter
    35mm

Adding punch to enhanced red sensitivity films?

Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone had ideas for adding punch when using enhanced red sensitivity films such as Rollei Retro 80S, Retro 100S, or similar films. I was thinking of using a 85A or 85B filter to add a little punch while not resorting to something as heavy handed as a 25A filter. What if any filters would you guys recommend to get the most out of these films.

P.S. This is my first post so I'm sorry if I managed to stick it in the wrong forum, it seemed to fit best here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 85A or 85B filter would probably allow too much shorter wavelength light in and that would mask the IR response. The film would then look like any other pan film with an orange filter.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think probably the SFX gel filter would work well, I've had luck with it. I also use a 760Nm filter that's a bit too dark - makes things overly dreamy.

Also, I get better results when I push the film a stop or so.

Alternatively- Deep red and Blue theatrical lighting gels can be combined in varyying layers to increase or decrease IR filtration, might be a pain to stick over your lens, though. I prefer to gel a flash with an IR filter and shoot without a filter over the lens in lower light.
    Last edited by totalamateur; 11-08-2010 at 11:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin