Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,469   Posts: 1,570,875   Online: 1097

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Your taking too long!!!!!!

This is something I keep being told, only by the same person and who is not really a photographer. So if I am out with my 35mm I will stand around waiting for the right thing to unfold which can take it's time, and if I go out with the medium format with filters well I can stand around for ever.

Is this normal am I taking a long time, am I rubbish at what I am doing for it, or does it not really matter and take as long as I like?

Paul

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You are the photographer and you are shooting for yourself. No more need be said unless it SWMBO with a bladder problem then it might be wise to acquiesce.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I hope it is not a close friend. But you have answered your question--he/she is not a photographer. There is only one person I can have around when I photograph. Fortunately, she said yes when I popped the question.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Assuming you aren't working in the pro world and dealing with deadlines and customer expectations, how long you spend for a shot depends on your working style and what you're looking to accomplish.
    If you're looking the right light to happen or some other condition you aren't controlling, there is not much else that can be done.
    OTH a bit of fast work training can be helpful for those situations where you must deal with rapidly changing conditions to get the shot you're after.

If you have an impatient observer, you can always tell them you'd like to explore the setting further, and send them up the road and arrange to catch up later.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Paul, It's all about You !

Take your time, and do what you gotta do.
    Whomever is being impatient with can get a DigiSnapper,
    and do their own thing ...

Happy Images !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd rather shoot ONCE and have it the result I want, rather than 10 times and have none. Snap shooters don't understand this. We have a certain image in our mind (pre-visualization) and "they" don't.

I shoot anything from digital to 35mm to Medium Format and using TLR. My "trigger happiness" decreases in this order and image count also decreases. Yet, happiness with result rate is actually higher using the latter equipment. I slow way down and compose more. I think there is a less in this for me.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'll loan you a 5x4 - That will silence any complaints when you go out again with a 35mm outfit.

Shooter
    35mm
    I think this is a quite normal thing when you go out with a friend who isn't a photographer. You're going for a nice walk, say, to the next village over for a beer or two and then back. You're going to be stopping and pausing all the time but the friend just wants to get on with it and have a nice drink.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    There is a solution which will be to both your satisfactions. Don't take that person with you!" Seriously though, it is clearly frustrating for that person and presumably for you as well. Any compromise on either of your parts leads to discomfort for one or the other.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hahahaha......thanks Paul!!!

Well this person is close to me, and I find it hard to explain myself to them and they don't except that it just is this way, I have not meant it to be like this it just seems that it takes longer.

I just go out on my own now!

But then find if we go somewhere I might want to take my camera miles away because I won't always go there I just can't take my cameras.

Oh well!!!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin