Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,921   Posts: 1,522,079   Online: 793

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    There are no "intrinsic" properties of any image produced from a digital file. There is no standardization of A/D processing that produces the image. Therefore generalizations about 'digital images' may be faulty.
    A lot of truth there.

Analog materials and processes do though each have normally recognizable "personalities" but they are malleable. Slight adjustments to exposure, filtration, lighting, or process, can many times keep us from picking out which film was used.

Still I think a majority of shots done with Velvia, processed A or D, will demonstrate it's natural palette. High contrast, faces "leaning" red, Technicolor saturation, and high sharpness.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am talking about if you take the same negative and print it on a good digital printer vs. a wet darkroom print. The question is not that complicated. It makes no difference what you call them there are two images in front of you...one is printed in a darkroom, analogue, the other has been printed on a dedicated photo digital printer, digital, and I can see the digital print...
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    35mm
    This would be a good discussion for HybridPhoto.com.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin