Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,827   Posts: 1,582,081   Online: 920

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree with Barry S. I just downloaded it to my 3GS (in which it works perfectly) and ran a quick comparison test against a Minolta Auto Meter IIIF (which has 3 modes - reflective, incident, and spot), a Gossen Digisix (which has reflective and incident), and my Mamiya 645 with AE prism (which does average and/or spot readings). All readings were taken for ISO 100 against a red brick wall and also an 18% grey card in bright sunlight over a 10 minute period. There was no more than one stop difference between any of them. Some readings said 1/1000 @ f5.6 and some said 1/500 @ f5.6. The meters with multiple modes varied within themselves between modes, but the iPhone meter was consistently 1/500 @ f5.6 against both surfaces. All this indicates to me that the iPhone meter would be OK most of the time, maybe slightly better when using negative film because I had the feeling that it was consistently reading just slightly over the "real" meters. I have previously downloaded two other light meter apps which seemed to vary by up to three stops and are harder to use, so this one gets my thumbs-up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No wonder the film companies are dropping products left and right! You guys are spending all your money on whiz-bang electronic gizmos, and have none left over for film!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    No wonder the film companies are dropping products left and right! You guys are spending all your money on whiz-bang electronic gizmos, and have none left over for film!
    My phone is employer-supplied, and the app was free, which leaves maximum available funds for film purchase. My film purchases are limited more by my ability to store it and use it than by shortage of funds. At the moment I am feeling particularly frustrated about my ability to use film because I am pretty well confined to barracks with an outbreak of shingles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Unfotunately, the only phone I have is fixed to the wall and attached to the exchange by a wire. I don't think this application will work for me!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sound nice... but let me know when they make a film back for it...
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

You're a free man!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Unfotunately, the only phone I have is fixed to the wall and attached to the exchange by a wire. I don't think this application will work for me!

Steve.
    You're a free man Steve. Mobile phones are ball and chains. The smart phones can also reveal where you are. It's like wearing one of those GPS gadgets for folks under house arrest. The only escape is ditching your Smart phone. Convenience=slavery.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac

Steve.
    You're a free man Steve. Mobile phones are ball and chains. The smart phones can also reveal where you are. It's like wearing one of those GPS gadgets for folks under house arrest. The only escape is ditching your Smart phone. Convenience=slavery.
    +1

I would throw my phone away in a hot minute if I could get away with it.

OTOH I *CAN* post this message sitting here without my computer. But it isn't getting me any pictures.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    Convenience=slavery.
    Um, yeah whatever mate. You'll have to pry my IPhone from my cold dead fingers before I gave that up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Unfotunately, the only phone I have is fixed to the wall and attached to the exchange by a wire.
    Hmmm, is your telephone color near 18% gray by any chance?

Seriously though, your telephone does not require daily recharging, which my iPhone does
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    To tell you the truth, I'm likely switching to Android myself. I'm not diggin' Apple's style of locking up the phone and leaving users little control. Steve Jobs is too much of a control freak.
    I love my Android fone. The OS is based on linux so I know it is going to be rock solid and open. I agree the Apple products are way to buttoned down.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin