Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,684   Posts: 1,482,250   Online: 1055

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The Droids look good to me

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    I love my Android fone. The OS is based on linux so I know it is going to be rock solid and open. I agree the Apple products are way to buttoned down.
    My Iphone is full of problems. I have to restore it 3X a month. Yes 3X a month and I'm not kidding. Yep is pretty buttoned up. As I type, I'm restoring my phone. Guess what? You have to be connected to the internet to get permission from the mother ship to restore. It's up to Uncle Steve to allow you to restore or not. If you don't have permission, your Iphone is a stylish brick. I'm sure Droids don't have such controls. I think I'm through with Iphones.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    My Iphone is full of problems. I have to restore it 3X a month. Yes 3X a month and I'm not kidding. Yep is pretty buttoned up. As I type, I'm restoring my phone. Guess what? You have to be connected to the internet to get permission from the mother ship to restore. It's up to Uncle Steve to allow you to restore or not. If you don't have permission, your Iphone is a stylish brick. I'm sure Droids don't have such controls. I think I'm through with Iphones.
    Wow, I know several people with iPhones and none of them have ever had to do a restore. Sounds like the phone itself could be faulty

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Thanks for telling me

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nielsen View Post
    Wow, I know several people with iPhones and none of them have ever had to do a restore. Sounds like the phone itself could be faulty
    My girlfriend has the iPhone 4 and it works flawlessly. My coworker has the same iPhone 3GS and it works well also. I don't know if it's a hardware or software issue. Anyway it's past the warrenty. I don't want to buy another phone though I'm allowed another $200 subsidie towards another one. I sitting on the fence and waiting to see what is in the horrizon in 6 months. My other coworker has a Droid and the OLED display is sure gorgeous.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thats a great tip! Lets try this app!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have been using this app for a few months now, and it has not let me down yet. For those saying it needs a 'spot' function, it has something very similar, in that you can hold the phone steady with your shot framed, and tap the screen to meter different areas in the frame.
    I also like that it shows readings as EV, Lux, and FootCandles (although I only use EV).

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Make sure you send him some beer money

Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    I have been using this app for a few months now, and it has not let me down yet. For those saying it needs a 'spot' function, it has something very similar, in that you can hold the phone steady with your shot framed, and tap the screen to meter different areas in the frame.
    I also like that it shows readings as EV, Lux, and FootCandles (although I only use EV).
    It works well for me too. when my Iphone works. Send him so beer money.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    It's a little slow to react compared to a conventional light meter, but hey, it's a free and fairly accurate light meter on my phone!
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin