Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,002   Online: 923

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Wallace Expo/Disc is everything that Lee L mentions and more.

I have had my Expo/Discs, 52mm and 72mm for well over 20 years, they have done a lot of work in the field and for in the darkroom.

Combine the grey negative one gets from exposing a frame with the Wallace Expo/Disc, with the Bob Mitchell COLORBRATOR, and you have about the fastest and most accurate way of colour negative printing I know of.

Colour to die for, plus density that is so correct (generally) it’s painful. Great colour prints first up from the get go, superb prints from the second one onwards.

Bob Mitchell sent me, “one of his own thin plastic diffusers, with which I could cut to size and install on my formerly red filter holder. It transmits considerably more light than the Expo/Disc does, I am sure” Unquote.

It does transmit more light and is slightly better that way, but it isn’t on the money like the Wallace Expo/Disc.

White balance is nothing I have ever done, grey balance is what I have always done in a darkroom. Getting white on a colour paper is haphazard at best, mainly due to the different white colour base of each paper.

I have a few friends who have the new(ish) Expo/Disc and they are slightly different to my old style, plus they do not come with the National Bureau of Standards step wedge check, that was written in hand on each individual Wallace Expo/Disc transmission and colour fidelity certification slip.

Mick.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    a reflected reading of of the palm of one's hand if 2 stops off of 18% grey ( not matter one's race ).
    seems fine to me to use a hand, instead of the other stuff
    I think it's only one stop. My Weston meter has an indicator mark for it and it is only one stop away from normal.

Steev.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I think it's only one stop. My Weston meter has an indicator mark for it and it is only one stop away from normal.

Steev.
    Yes, one stop, that's what I've read and found out to be correct by checking against a gray card.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin