Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,333   Posts: 1,537,462   Online: 1122

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On the same site, read Taking pictures in black and white and Thinking in black and white. Lots of good information. I was told once that black and white photographers "see light".
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    photograph things that interest you ..
    explore
    and enjoy yourself ...
    after you follow all the rules
    break them all ..

don't forget to have fun
    john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I got started devekoping my own film for under $200 and it is easy. Again, just takes practice. And it can be done in a downstairs half bath or a closet. Any space that can be made light tight.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    I got started devekoping my own film for under $200 and it is easy. Again, just takes practice. And it can be done in a downstairs half bath or a closet. Any space that can be made light tight.
    ...or even an area that is not quite light tight enough for film, if you use a changing tent. (Yes, tent, not bag. I have a bag because I got it for free, but it drives me crazy, especially when doing slightly more complicated things like trimming off a roll midway through or loading sheet film holders.) I have never really made any spot in my home to be light tight enough for film. Paper, yes, but not film. When processing at home, I always load in my bag (with the lights off).

You don't need a great darkroom (or even a good one) to do great work!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Hey, thanks for all your tips and suggestions. Will definitely look into developing my own film at some point.

In the mean time i bought some filters. Got a job lot of 6 filters for.... 99p

All look new, they are as follows

Hoya Filters
    -Yellow (K2)
    -CS
    -Skylight
    -UV (0)
    -PL-CIR

Vivitar
    -Orange (o2)

Looking forward to trying them out, and see what results they produce
    Check my Flickr Account http://www.flickr.com/r0b3r7_mac

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin