Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,965   Online: 1033

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Reciprocity chart?

Hi, Im looking to see if anyone has some advice on where i can get my hands on color reciprocity failure for long exposures. I shoot night photography and I've been shooting and have got down a pretty good system. Yet since i shoot analouge and meter with a digital camera, i do not really know if my exposures are accurate because i have nothing to compare to.
    So, does anyone have any recommendations on color reciprocity failure chart for long exposures (30 sec.-4hrs)? Thanks

dan
    www.danielbairdmiller.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It depends on film, every film have their own characteristics. Look at the information sheets available at the manufacturer's websites.

As a quick example, Velvia 50 has notable reciprocity failure and needs exposure correction and color filtration, but Velvia 100 and Velvia 100F are very good in this regard and need little correction.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi. I´ve searching for reciprocity failure charts and I see there are big differences between the "Official" recommendations by manufactures and the ones users do, such as Michael Kenna´s!
    For long exposure I use TMax100 and Trix400 as well as Ilford FP4 and HP5, whos times are the same for long exposures.

So, have you found the same problem of differente times? Which ones have you chosen?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphirephoenix2 View Post
    Hi, Im looking to see if anyone has some advice on where i can get my hands on color reciprocity failure for long exposures. I shoot night photography and I've been shooting and have got down a pretty good system. Yet since i shoot analouge and meter with a digital camera, i do not really know if my exposures are accurate because i have nothing to compare to.
    So, does anyone have any recommendations on color reciprocity failure chart for long exposures (30 sec.-4hrs)? Thanks

dan
    www.danielbairdmiller.com
    i hope this helps
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin