Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,582,996   Online: 1090

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Who does Gossen Luna Pro repairs/CLA?

I just picked up a Gossen Luna Pro off of eBay today and while it does work, it has some problems. The needle will go up with light, but in darker areas it will not go back down without some prodding. Does anybody know of somewhere I can send this in to get repaired/CLA? Affordable would be nice since I'm on a medical disability and I don't have a lot of money to spend (the meter was a good deal and didn't cost much. I guess I know why....).

Thanks,
    Michael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Call KEH. They are in your state and shipping would be fast.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format

Images
    Quality Light Metric can fix some problems with the Gossen, but if it is a circuit board problem the unit must be sent to Bogen: http://manfrottodistribution.us/cms/...home/pid/16703. As far as affordable goes, you can count on a very accurate meter that will last a long time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    I had the exact same problem with my Luna. There is a mechanical "stop" for the needle when the button is released - opened it up, gently bent the needle 'up' from the meter face.. fixed. Re-assembly can be tricky.
    - Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just got my meters back from Quality Light Metric- a great customer experience

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I know this doesn't help the OP exactly but...

I recently picked up a Mamiya RB and a polaroid back and while shooting I noticed my photos were underexposed using my Gossen Luna Pro. After checking it with my (evil) dSLR I found it to be almostly exactly 2 stops off. I have the 1.5v batteries in the back so I expected it to be off a bit but 2 stops was quite a bit. After a bit of googling I found this site http://www.graphic-fusion.com/lunapro.htm . I do not know the owners of the website but I have reset the calibration of my light meter to read perfectly (when compared to my dSLR) from -1.75EV to 16EV.

The tutorial is pretty easy to read but time consuming and you really need a bright light(s) or large window to get to the higher EV's.

Hope this helps and maybe saves you some money.

~M
    Last edited by mr. mohaupt; 05-17-2011 at 06:30 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added text

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I've sent out an email to KEH and Quality Light Metric Monday night and I haven't received a reply from either yet, so I'm still waiting. I want toget this problem fixed, but I am reluctant to try fixing it myself because I'm not mechanically inclined. Any camera more complex than a box camera is more than I can handle.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I suggest you call QLM- I did, and spoke directly. Email isn't always the best vehicle when dealing with analog "veterans"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin