Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,755   Online: 976

Thread: 89B filter

Shooter
    Multi Format

89B filter

A while back I bought 89B filter(77MM) for my RB67. It is so dark I can't hardly see through it. Is this considered normal? BTW the filter wasn't cheap.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes. Hold it to a bright light and you'll see some red, but for practical purposes the filter should be opaque. And no, they're not cheap.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the info!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The filter is, for all practical purposes, opaque. they work best with a rangefinder camera. I feel that they are pretty much useless on an SLR camera, you just can't see what you are shooting.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I know what you mean, I usually take it off and focus and put it back on. Kind of pain in the neck, but I like it.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, both 89B (695nm) or 88A (715nm) are "Black" IR filters. Best chance on a R.F. camera. I am using it (88A) on my C.V. Bessa III 667 R.F.
    My favorite store: http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhcfires View Post
    they work best with a rangefinder camera.
    That's a funny way to spell "TLR". :-)

I've never shot IR with an SLR, but I know people who do, and the workflow seems like a sort of "LF-lite": tripod mount, compose and focus, put the filter on, and then shoot. I suppose one could do the hyperfocal thing as well, or even just scale-focus given a sufficiently wide lens for that to be reasonable.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin