Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,668   Online: 1162

Thread: color of light

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

color of light

I have a question. I want to light a model using colored led lights. Red, white and blue. I was wondering if I can place some accents on the body with certain colors. Like does blue light makes something appear smaller? And red, being a warm color, makes something appear bigger? I will try it out myself but I was wondering if someone has some experience with it? I tried googling but haven't found anything useful yet or not specific enough for my taste.

Thanks,

Peter
    Reality is whatever stays when you stop believing in it.
    allthingsanalogue.weebly.com
    darkroomninja.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    An old axiom in art was that warm colors (yellow, orange, red) advance while cool colors (blue, violet, purple) recede., In other words your eye tends to be attracted to warm colors sooner than the cool colors Arnold Newman did a portrait of the Nazi arms manufacture, Krupp after the second world war highlighting him in green light Hope this helps.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks. I thought it would be something like that good to see a confirmation. I'll definitely try it out.
    Reality is whatever stays when you stop believing in it.
    allthingsanalogue.weebly.com
    darkroomninja.blogspot.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin