Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,233   Posts: 1,532,919   Online: 1019

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spot meter?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    sorry, found it!

http://www.darkroomagic.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Uhm for us as photographer an eye ball is worth a lot so there isn't a spot meter that can cost any where near an eye ball. I do have a couple of the old Minolta spot meter 9. They are 9 degree spotmeter. Works quite well and I got them for like $5.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    well, leica format photographers could spare an eyeball, they use only one anyway
    care to part with one of the meters? they seem very reasonably priced

Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    Uhm for us as photographer an eye ball is worth a lot so there isn't a spot meter that can cost any where near an eye ball. I do have a couple of the old Minolta spot meter 9. They are 9 degree spotmeter. Works quite well and I got them for like $5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Marc, are you saying you are actually using a RZ for landscape? Like, hiking with the kit?"

Sure, Medium and Large format kits. One or the other, not both at once. Not on my back.
    Not so far on foot, I'm getting older and a bit crippled. I 4-wheel in as far as I can go.
    I have camera mounts on the roll bar of my truck. Originally the mounts were for off road lights.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc B. View Post
    I have camera mounts on the roll bar of my truck. Originally the mounts were for off road lights.
    You rule man! Now you need to replace the headlights with flash bulbs

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by kminov View Post
    well, leica format photographers could spare an eyeball, they use only one anyway
    care to part with one of the meters? they seem very reasonably priced
    I recently moved so I went thru all the boxes to look for the meters. I couldn't find them. You can still buy them on Ebay but if this is your first spot meter I would not recommend it. Your first spot meter should be a good one.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    ...there isn't a spot meter that can cost any where near an eye ball. ....
    If you look at the sun with them, just about any spotmeter will cost you an eyeball.

Shooter
    35mm
    So what would it read pointing at the sun? Or what's the luminance of the sun?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Well my SEI photometer may be able to measure it. It has a 3.02 ND and the scale covers 1.0 so at top of scale there would be 4.0 between my eye and the sun...

"pop" "pop"

Hey you can't trick me that easily.

Shooter
    35mm
    searching online I found that the sun has a luminance of 1.6 x10^9 cd/m^2. So it should read about EV 33.4 for ISO 100.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin