Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,873   Online: 978

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spot meter?

jbl
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    I highly recommend the Pentax Digital Spotmeter. It's easy to use, has no "on" switch and works really well in the field. I've tried the Sekonic 758 and don't find it very usable in the field just because I'd have to keep turning it on and it didn't fit in my pocket as well.

I actually tried getting the Sekonic, couldn't stand it, returned it, bought the Pentax off of eBay, liked that, then bought the Sekonic again a year later to use for flash work. Now I have both, but almost never use the spot part of the Sekonic.

-jbl

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I recommend the Minolta Auto Spot 1° meter if you can find one , it's cheap it's massive and it's a great tool. If you're willing to pay a little more I recommend the Minolta Spotmeter F or M (Digital spotmeters).

Dominik

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks, you've been most helpful! will look around.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I saw this post when it first appeared. I was in the same situation. I just (today) happened upon the SVERDLOVSK-4. There is lots of information if you Google it. You can find them on Eb***Y for under a buck.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    +1 for the SEI. I love mine and it makes for a good defensive weapon. It does require a little training but, once learned, I think it is one of the best ever designed. I figure if good enough for Ansel Adams, it is more than good enough for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin