Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,711   Posts: 1,548,661   Online: 1160

Shooter
    Multi Format

SBC Meter Characteristics vs. Selenium

I have a Gossen Luna Pro SBC (I love that meter), and a Sekonic L-398. They both agree 100% when the light source is white, but when the light source is the blue sky, the Selenium cell (Sekonic) reads hot by as much as a stop (or conversely the SBC reads low). Which cell most closely represents the way Panchromatic film handles its values? What spectral response more closely resembles the sensitivity of the human eye. I understand (from the Ilford Photography Manual) that the Silicon diode in the SBC is more sensitive to IR, but it has a filter in place to make the response closer to that of the human eye.

Thanks,
    Chris Maness

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    This is from Photographic Materials and Processes. It might answer some of you questions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo Cells.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That is the best answer I have received on this topic. I cross posted this on other forums because I did not get an answer here.

Thanks,
    Chris

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin