Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,270   Online: 1108

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Dear Mats,

Amsterdam, I had fun… like a nutcase
    Here a beautiful (analog) walk to make in one day:

Starting point:
    A: Centraal Station (Its time should not be wasted)
    To go towards an old analog store to 500 m (approximately 7 mn)

B: Foto jansen (The cave of Ali Baba)
    Haar lemmer straat 81

You to continue straight during 650 m (approximately 8 mn) to arrive at
    C: Nivo-schweitzer
    Haarlemmerdijk 114 (digital and analog)

You walk along the canals (a poem) of 1.6 km (about 20 min)
    direction
    D: Foto den Boer (Not to be missed)
    Second Hugo Grootstraat 10

And you finish on to 2.4 km (approximately 30 mn)
    E: Lomographie
    Herengracht 298
    You are at the heart of the city

Have fun (I put a plan in attachment)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plan.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	721.7 KB 
ID:	44632Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plan.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	721.7 KB 
ID:	44632
    Jean-Marc "MM"
    Website
    Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What jslabovitz said. I was born in Holland and lived in The Hague before moving to Canada. I've made many visits to Amsterdam. It's a photographer's paradise. The streets on the canals in the old central city are full of life and great architecture. The light is wonderful, whether sunny or cloudy or (perhaps best of all) rainy -- it rains a lot. You'll get wet, but you'll like your photographs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The early morning light on the canals.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some great, narrow streets and back alleys. Flower markets, bridges over canals, houseboats in various states of repair / derelicton, churches, museums, open-air eateries and bars, a really multi-cultural population, glamorous bits, seedy bits, history, modernity, art galleries, street shows and all in a very small area. It's possible to walk from Centraal Station to beyond the museum quarter in less than an hour - and most of what's inbetween is great fun. Enjoy......!!
    Paul Jenkin (a late developer...)

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Amsterdam

The other suggestion - rent bicycles.

We rented a houseboat on the Prinsengracht in the west end, near the Noordermarkt which was great place to walk around and explore the old archirecture, markets and people. It is an extremely bicycle friendly place, and you may appreciate the value of a pedestarian bike (versus the MTN, et cetera).

I use the term - Anarchy with manners to describe Amsterdam traffic. Meaning the rules of the road and right of ways is loosely followed (if that), never-the-less, people ride-drive with express attitude to do no harm.

Building, canal, people, bikes, cafes, food, et cetera are all subjects available.

No cameras in the Van Gogh Muesem. Vincent and John Singer Sargeant are my goto artist, and the VG muesum is great, but comparative to Paris, Paris has the better collection of muesums. As an artist, the Rembrandt House (resident printer is from Seattle, and thus recommended) Rikjsmuesem and Van Gogh are must sees, then whatever you desire. It is the city that is great, having a beer, watching.
    David Wilson

Shooter
    35mm
    Your kidding, right?
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin