Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,732   Posts: 1,515,279   Online: 841

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Gentle reminder of home

Aloha,

I lived in Honolulu for almost a decade, from the mid-80's to the early-90's, and I was fortunate enough to escape serious VOG during that time. Two of my kids, who were born there, don't remember it at all. But it was nice to be reminded of the place I call home.

BTW-I heard that serious consideration is being given to an effort to destroy the WWI Memorial Natatorium in Waikiki. So sad. I passed by their frequently when I worked in the area and always wanted to use it as a location for some fashion images, but didn't get the chance (only partly because it was posted against trespassing).

Thanks,

Edwin

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin
    Aloha,

I lived in Honolulu for almost a decade, from the mid-80's to the early-90's, and I was fortunate enough to escape serious VOG during that time. Two of my kids, who were born there, don't remember it at all. But it was nice to be reminded of the place I call home.

BTW-I heard that serious consideration is being given to an effort to destroy the WWI Memorial Natatorium in Waikiki. So sad. I passed by their frequently when I worked in the area and always wanted to use it as a location for some fashion images, but didn't get the chance (only partly because it was posted against trespassing).

Thanks,

Edwin
    Unfortunately, the Natatorium is falling apart. The old mayor signed the contract a few months ago to restore it, against the objections of the local residents, but the new mayor cancelled the contract as his first official act. There is a lot anger on both sides about this. I suspect, the pool will be demolished, but the rest of the building will be stabilized.

You wouldn't recognize this place anymore, traffic is a nightmare.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin