Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,751   Online: 781

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Unusual Day in Hawaii

We are having an unusual day here in Honolulu, we are experiencing what is know here as "vog", which is a combination of haze and volcanic ash (from the lava flows on the Big Island). Quite an interesting combination.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So wheres the pictures?
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Awe, I remember VOG all to well!, talk about a choking experiance, when I lived in Kona, we had many a day, where the air would take your breath away, seriously.

You have my sympothies..

Dave Parker
    Ground Glass Specialties

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The same here in Maui. Sticky and hot. The palm tree leaves just barely move. No Vog over here though, just no air. Perfect weather for sunset shooting.

Images
    No volcanos around here. Best I can hope for is for the Indian Point Nuclear Power Plant to go up.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Keep waiting Neal, any day now...

Images
    As long they have plenty of duct tape and chewing gum, I sleep just fine, Tom
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I went on a tour of the Seabrook Nuclear Plant, in New Hampshire, with a pistol-shooter friend, who is fairly familiar with Nuclear Power - he wrote the report for the NRC about the "Three Mile Island" incident.

There is a*chance* that a modern "non-breeding" plant will go BOOM! It is a little less probable than an ordinary glass of water going boom! from a spontaneous nuclear fusion explosion ... about a zillion times less likely than walking out of your front door and getting hit by a meteorite.

I wouldn't use duct tape though ... leaves a really crappy residue ... use Gaffers tape instead.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Olivet
    The same here in Maui. Sticky and hot. The palm tree leaves just barely move. No Vog over here though, just no air. Perfect weather for sunset shooting.
    It was quite heavy, but, by the time I got home, through all the traffic, it was pouring down rain (on my side of the island). I went out this morning, hoping it would still be around and make an interesting sunrise. Unfortunately, the winds have shifted and blew it out to sea again.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Definately worth getting out with the Velvia. When Ruapehu blew here, we had unusual sunrises and sunsets for a few weeks. Good Luck.

er Ed - What's Breeding powerstation? Do they spawn little powerstations?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin