Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,718   Posts: 1,483,115   Online: 1092

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries

Darkroom use for traveling APUG members

We plan to do some traveling, mainly UK, in the next couple of years and I would like access to darkrooms to re-load DDS from APUG members whom I have not totally pissed off

In the other direction APUG members whom I have not totally pissed off are welcome to use of our darkroom in the SW Australian forest

It seems to me a reasonable notion to share darkrooms when we are travelling, following a meeting over coffee or a few beers, or Mountford's superb red wines

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jbaphoto060604B22.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	47044

This is a six year old pic of our darkroom, which is now much better equipped, soon it will be extended for printing of mural sized prints from 42" wide rolls of silver jelly paper - The enlarger at the end is for 10x8" negs

John
    Quinninup

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    What makes you think there are people who you haven't pissed off?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    What makes you think there are people who you haven't pissed off?

Nothing!!!

Also, it is whom, not who - That is another thing I do which pisses everyone off

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Shouldn't there be a period at the end of that sentence? That is why you are pissing everyone off...

But seriously, it's a fine idea since rental darkrooms are getting scarce. I don't know what a DDS is, but I take that as evidence that I probably don't need to.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know what a DDS is, but I take that as evidence that I probably don't need to.
    Isn't that a dental surgeon ?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Shouldn't there be a period at the end of that sentence? That is why you are pissing everyone off...

But seriously, it's a fine idea since rental darkrooms are getting scarce. I don't know what a DDS is, but I take that as evidence that I probably don't need to.
    I apologise for presuming everyone knows my shortened forms and the lack of a full stop - DDS = double dark slide, 5x4' and 10x8" film holders

There are several groups of people I take care not to piss off, my wife, children and dog to start with, the government, corporate and private collectors who purchase my work, then my galleries and agents - After them I allow myself the luxury of age related grumpiness

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    If you are ever in NW California, let me know!

Vaughn

PS...San Francisco is central CA
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If your travels take you to Durban, South Africa, you're welcome to use mine. I'm afraid no LF enlarger (yet) but it is dark!

Andrew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    While away in the UK I've never had a problem fiding somewhere to unload and reload DDS. (I also use single darkslide 9sx12 plate/film holders).

Usually I can use a hotel bathroom, or climb into a cupboard , if all fails I ask in a Real Ale Pub if I can use their cellar - last time I did that in the wilds of North Yorkshire it transpired that the land-lady had used 5x4 herself and studied with Chris Killip

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Makes me want to come to your part of the world just to meet you and use that darkroom.
    Only other people I know there are in Brisbane and outside Sydney.

If you ever get to my part of the world my facilities are open and my knowledge of this area and beyond are offered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin