Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,719   Posts: 1,483,123   Online: 1108

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Nepal - in April

Just booked the ticket today. I'm wondering if any fellow Ape Huggers have experiences there -- must see things, places, experiences, and of course photographic thoughts, too.

I fly in April 8, and leave on the 24th. No set agenda, other than make as many great images as I can. Pretty excited, as after so many trips to China over the years this is a little out side my experience.

Many thanks for any and all thoughts.
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Umm..I need to talk to you when you come back. I am planning to go there in Spring 2013.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    By all means, please do. I've benefitted from a few friends who've gone before me.

FWIW, I've picked up the Lonely Planet guide to Nepal and it seems a great resource. I'd easily recommend it.
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are you trekking? or just seeing Kathmandu?
    I trekked in the Khumbu in April/May some years ago. It was cold with snow up high, and wet with lots of rain on the hike out to Juri. It should be warmer in Kathmandu.
    There's great character everywhere. The various Buddhist temples and the old parts of town are picturesque. There's good street photography everywhere. I recommend though that you get out of town and see some rural areas too. You have enough time to do some traveling there, even if it's just some bus rides out and around.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hey J,
    The plan so far is to see Pokhara and area, as well as Katmandu. I'm sure there'll be some great areas -- small villages, etc. -- in between.

No trekking, so far. Maybe next time...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin