Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,733   Posts: 1,515,346   Online: 975

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Do they sell little stick-on Leica badges? I think it'll make my camera better...
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All those crooked politicians on Capital Hill have to have somewhere to spend their ill gotten gains.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I work on K St and am not in one of your vilified groups.

Any info on if the store will actually have anything in stock or will be staffed by anything more than booth babes?

If you want a leica in the area, go to Pro Camera in Charlottesville as they seem to acutally serve the film user and carry a good stock of 'pre-owned' gear.

Penn Camera may have been saved, but it appears they have completely given up on film users.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would like too see that store!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Will it be in Georgetown? Figures. Now people can take blurry Leica-photos of their damn cupcakes with their Leicas because Leicas are rangefinders and are still very limited in use despite their prices being high enough to buy the hammer of god.

"Oh, but that guy sitting three chairs away in the background is as sharp as an SLR used properly!"

Smeh. I've had it with the preppy shit in this area.

I've come to hate Leicas the same way I hate BMW's, Audis, and New Jersey drivers.
    Last edited by EASmithV; 03-09-2012 at 10:24 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    35mm
    I should get a red sticker and a silver pen, and write the word "Leica" on it and stick it on my Pentax. It would then be a one-of-a-kind Pentax-Leica AF SLR - notice that Pentax comes first!

ME Super, from Illinois not DC
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a v-lux-1. Can I join the party?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    No, the store is on G Street, between 9th and 10th IIRC. So smack in the middle of downtown, a scant two blocks from the FBI headquarters.

Penn Camera gave up on film users a long time ago. Now they're owned by Calumet, who is reorganizing the stores completely, so do expect some holes in the stock for a while until the transition is complete. They do still carry an ok range of 35mm film - you're in trouble if you want bigger, but that's been the case for the last half-dozen years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey - How did Jersey get dragged into this? lol.
    "There is no such thing as objective reality in a photograph"

My flickr and (gasp!) dpug photos - take a look if you like.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    I've come to hate Leicas the same way I hate BMW's, Audis, and New Jersey drivers.
    I can't stand the company anymore.

I had a brilliant opportunity to photograph behind the scenes portraits of Cirque Du Soliel performers on Kodachrome in January of 2011 two weeks after Dwayne's stopped accepting the film as I was the only one left shooting it. I tried for three days to get a .95 Noctilux since I cold not use flash and was out of Kl-200. I got the nose in the air treatment. Kodak paid my lab bill for a year but in using some of the best "other" gear they make and telling Leica how important it was to my project, they could care less, instead loaning the gear out to talentless hacks like Seal and other "Internet Gear Review Heros" who just gushed over the lens along with the M9.

Three weeks ago, I sold all my Leica crap except for one M3 and a 50/2 Zeiss. I don't need a $3,000 35/2 when in all honesty, my new used Nikon 35/2 AIS does just as good in black and white and I have no issues with wear, marks on the paint dropping it's value by hundreds of dollars.

Leica can go F__k them selves, the company and the prices are a joke, not worth it by any stretch in the digi age.
    That said, my wife and I love our new Audi S4, brilliant car for that often treacherous drive to Denver airport when the weather is super nasty...;-)
    Last edited by PKM-25; 03-10-2012 at 10:30 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin