Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,912   Posts: 1,521,626   Online: 874

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah, I'm in New Mexico. Please explain these "clouds". Do they interfere with photography? Are they an outdoor thing?
    I'll shoot a few shots of Portra 160 at the moon and see if I can find one.

Shooter
    35mm
    Here in Charlotte, we have the inevitable "isolated evening thunderstorms" forecast - no telling if I'll be able to see the moonrise or not. But I'll try!

Regina Canada (sounds more fun than it is)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertNate View Post
    Please explain these "clouds".
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    What are clouds?
    Clouds are the things that bring snow. Snow is the white stuff that causes people in New Mexico to rock back-and-forth in fetal position while whimpering "cold, cold, cold". Cold is when the temperature drops below 85 degrees and all of Albuquerque orders hot chocolate and electric blankets.

So, clouds are hot chocolate.
    Once a photographer is convinced that the camera can lie and that, strictly speaking, the vast majority of photographs are "camera lies," inasmuch as they tell only part of a story or tell it in a distorted form, half the battle is won. Once he has conceded that photography is not a "naturalistic" medium of rendition and that striving for "naturalism" in a photograph is futile, he can turn his attention to using a camera to make more effective pictures.

Andreas Feininger

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hardy har, it gets cold as hell here in Santa Fe in the winter, usually hovering around freezing for daytime highs. But you must understand, it's still always sunny, until we wake up with a foot of snow and then drive, in the sun again, up to the ski basin 30 minutes out of town and shred up some powder. It's a weird place...
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What are clouds?
    They are those little white streaks you see in the sky on days when everyone is complaining about the humidity.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Santa Fe is always windy too, and cold with wind make it really nasty there.

Hardy har, it gets cold as hell here in Santa Fe in the winter, usually hovering around freezing for daytime highs. But you must understand, it's still always sunny, until we wake up with a foot of snow and then drive, in the sun again, up to the ski basin 30 minutes out of town and shred up some powder. It's a weird place...
    Come see my photos here > http://studiobilly.tumblr.com/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Well I always just thought it was the people that were full of wind...
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm in Beijing. What is this "moon" thing you keep talking about?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    In PA we occasionally see a large flaming ball in the daytime sky. Is this the nighttime version? How does one go about shooting this moon thing, if we can see such a thing?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Ended up last night having unusual access to a fantastic vantage point from the penthouse of the Standard Hotel-East Village in Cooper Square with a wraparound veranda providing views facing North, East, and West of New York City shrouded in fog and clouds. A few interesting shots of that, yes, but the moon was nowhere to be seen. Interesting company, at least, and an open bar, so it wasn't a total loss.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin