Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,300   Online: 1209

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    The show at Chaco was great.
    Good for you! Looking forward to the results

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Chaco was mighty fine. I couldn't believe the crowds though!
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    So the negs are washing now so I have time to think this through... is it more important than ever to stick to the principles and silver print before sharing? Or is this one of those exceptions?

Should I print full-frame on 11x14 as my standard? Or zoom in and print cropped but still blown up to 11x14? Or should I just print postcard sized? All these possibilities...

I'm leaning towards pulling out the 28mm and going for 11x14 cropped. It's going to be funnnkkkyyyy!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Stuck to principles. Pulled out the 28mm and went for zoomed-in 11x14 cropped. Galerie 3 Matte. Has a wacky paper negative/bromoil look though it is 100% traditional film and paper.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    Stuck to principles. Pulled out the 28mm and went for zoomed-in 11x14 cropped. Galerie 3 Matte. Has a wacky paper negative/bromoil look though it is 100% traditional film and paper.
    It's in the gallery...

After giving out all kinds of eclipse viewing advice, I wasn't ready to take pictures so here is what I improvised at the last minute...

Everyone was reaching for their 12 stop ND filters but I don't have anything like that. So I projected an image on black construction paper and photographed the projection on Kodak Panatomic-X with OM-1 and 50mm macro.

The longest lens I have (short of a telescope that I could have unpacked but the eclipse was already started...) is the LF Dallmeyer Dallon 12". I mounted it on an open cardboard 12 x 9 x 6 box. I was thinking 12 inch focus but mounted it on the 9 inch side. Still not close enough by two inches. Nice telephoto design... 12 inch lens with a 7 inch throw...

So inside the cardboard box, on a two-inch platform, I taped a sheet of black construction paper. Spent the afternoon wandering the backyard with my head in this contraption. With clear skies, I used ND 2 stop filter and f/64 on the Dallmeyer. Only got the sun in those shots. But when the clouds came in, I found I was able to open the Dallmeyer wide and throw silhouettes of everything on the horizon.

For the print, I did what I said I'd do. It's the 28mm and with the enlarger at 28 inches, I think I am getting about 24x enlargement on this 11x14 print.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin