Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,993   Posts: 1,524,244   Online: 1070

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Got some locations in SC and NC to go too, Sandy K and Sam W were kind enough to show me around..
    If it wasn't for having the lens cap on one day , I would have more images.

OTE=cowanw;1391400]Some of the scenes in the movie "Lawless" feature settings in Kudzu infested areas. I am wondering if Virginia was infested like this, in 1931.[/QUOTE]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Even though "Lawless" was set in Franklin County, Virginia (just south of me), it was filmed in, I think, Georgia. Kudzu is pretty thick in certain areas around here, but it looks to me like it mostly likes to grow on trees. I seem to notice it growing on them at the edges of a woods where it can get lots of light. I have yet to find a building that is overgrown with kudzu.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    35mm
    Summer or winter (if it snows), you can get some very interesting shots of Kudzudu Beasties. You just have to look and use your imagination. Almost anywhere in the South (United States) has kudzu. I've heard that a small tactical nuke could eradicate it in limited areas, but...

With best regards.

Stephen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Mack View Post
    Summer or winter (if it snows), you can get some very interesting shots of Kudzudu Beasties. You just have to look and use your imagination. Almost anywhere in the South (United States) has kudzu. I've heard that a small tactical nuke could eradicate it in limited areas, but...

With best regards.

Stephen
    It's funny the Kudzu plant is considered to be very useful in Japan. I believe it was deliberately brought to this country for use as a ground cover. It has no natural enemies in this country so it flourished beyond any one's imagination. All parts of the plant are edible and are very high in anti-oxidants. The young leaves can be used to make a tea and the root medicine. The flowers smell like grapes and can be used to make jelly. The tendrils can be used to make baskets.
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 09-16-2012 at 07:42 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's Kudzu up here where I live in NY. Growing on the Hutchinson River Pkway just north of the Bronx, NYC and a lot of other places north of here. Snow doesn't seem to bother it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin