Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,316   Online: 877

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Road Trip!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    sounds like a great trip whitey !

when you are in MT don't forget to stop
    and photograph some of the dental floss ranches
    they are beautiful this time of year.

(don't forget your tweezers ! )
    john

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Ontario is Dinesh's home turf , I would avoid it like the plague.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hearty congratulations Whitey, I hope you have as enjoyable retirement as I have had for the last six years .
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations! Sounds like a fantastic trip you have put together. I am considering a similar trip and it also begins in Rochester! Keep us updated on your Westward progress...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh, you're crossing at Sault Ste Marie! You'll be driving practically right over the Soo Locks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soo_Locks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow! Thanks, folks. This is going to be great. The suggestions are all noted and I'm marking up maps (paper kind) and dropping pins (iphone kind) all over the place. This community is wonderful.

I will have a blog, but because of the fact that my developing of images taken will come later–all winter, most likely– I will have only digi-snaps to post on it while on the road. I plan to use the lightmeter app that saves images with settings data and location to the cloud for note taking. I'm miserable at taking paper notes for my shots and this will let me check settings, and save the info with the image on my computer. That way I can look up the image later when I have the negative in hand and no bloody idea where the hell I took the picture. I'll post from the road and put up a link to the blog if folks are interested.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Would love to follow the blog as you hit the road, Whitey. Sounds like a great trip!!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    If you come down into California, let me know -- The redwoods are nice that time of year and I would be happy to show you around and/or suggest places -- and we will be having a mini-gathering of LF'ers here in Humboldt County in early October (which might be too early for your plans).

Have a great trip!

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, everybody. It's been too long without posting, but I'm in Grand Forks, ND tonight and I have wi-fi. The cold rain that has descended upon the upper mid-west in the last few days has put a damper on both camping and getting out with the 4x5 (I know, what a wimp!) but I'm shooting 120 and 35 every day- or trying to at any rate. Leaf color on the UP changed overnight early this week... but I'm shooting B&W, of course.

A shout out to Rochester, NY and PE! Ron met me at the George Eastman House, insisted on buying lunch and kept my friend and I entertained and happy for hours. It was an incredibly educational and entertaining afternoon, and while I have to say that my own understanding of the actual mechanics and chemistry of film is still severely limited, his seems limitless. He is a true gentleman and scholar.

I won't post any images here because of the fact that any I have right now are iPhone pics. I am writing a blog at whiteymorange.wordpress.com however and if you have any interest in my travel-centered drivel, check it out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, thanks Whitey! I really enjoyed the company and the time together at GEH. I'm glad you had a good time. You sure are traveling fast. Have a great trip. It was great meeting you and Joe and I truly enjoyed our time together.

Ron

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin