Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,448   Online: 724

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Road Trip!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, Whitey! Did you get a chance to stop in Bagley or Shevlin on the way to GF?
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok... I'm laughing. Really enjoying Whitey's blog, put it in your reader, it's a great blog on this most excellent journey of one of our own. Can't wait to see the film!!

http://whiteymorange.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Best line: "who want the feel, but not the fact of a cattle ranch"
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The smoke from those fires he's seeing has made for some hazy days in Denver over the last couple of weeks.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Do yourself a favor and pick up a beaten up copy of Desert Solitaire by Ed. Abbey and read it when you loop back through the Canyon Country. I hope you come down this way....it's something far different from what you've seen thus far.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for all the support and good suggestions, folks. As those who followed along know by now, I bit off more than I could chew with this trip, given that I had to be back in New England by the beginning of November. And I have to admit that traveling alone got old faster than I thought it would. I end now with 38 rolls of 120, 9 rolls of 35 in B&W, 4 in color and 30 sheets of 4x5... about half of what I thought I would shoot, but enough to keep me busy for awhile.
    To those who offered companionship for a few hours on the way, I'm sorry not to have contacted you. I got into a "move on, move on" mode and unfortunately let the number of places I wanted to see overwhelm me a bit. In the end, I did about 9000 miles and made it as far north as Vancouver, west to the coast in WA, OR and northern CA, south as far as Albuquerque– and did well over half of the trip on secondary roads. There's a lot of great stuff out there, and I just scratched the surface. If I can just convince my wife that we really need that camper...

Now for a little dark room time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't come back yet, if you are still out west somewhere. This storm may overwhelm your plans even more!

Best wishes. It was great meeting you in person.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    If I were single, my trailer would have a darkroom in it!
    Sounds like a lot of fun.
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin