Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,126   Online: 1096

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    .....a good friend of mine hired their wedding photographer based on how much they liked the results. There were two photographers, each with two DSLRs. They shot 3,600 pictures of the wedding, and then they took three months to edit it all to get it ready for web upload. Let's not forget about the book and the prints. Those took even longer.
    I was there with a Mamiya 645 and a 150mm lens, shot three rolls of Delta 3200, and had a print of the main part of the ceremony ready for them the next day, a nice 11x14 in a 16x20 mat. Which of all the prints they got from their wedding do you think they display in their home? That's right, the amateur film shooter got display rights....

What an excellent anecdote! Thanks for sharing this. It is honestly the most inspiring thing I've read in at least a month. Sincerely, Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Shoot fast film so you have more time with the Mrs.

Shooter
    35mm
    Take a polaroid

Use her tactics: whatever you do, do make it appear you are doing it for her, or it's really she who wants you to do it

And by the way, do exactly everything you would do after 10 years of marriage. Divorcing after having had children is not good behaviour.

Be yourself. Don't be a French poodle

She married a photographer. It's also your trip not just hers!

(Excess number of due to the inevitable serious rebuking comments, although behind irony there can be a serious thought).
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post

Be yourself. Don't be a French poodle
    Now that's a memorable quote.

I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks everyone. I ended up taking an F100 with a 24-120, Nikonos V with 35mm, Horizon 202, and an old Voigtlander folder (for our layover in SF). We also took along an Oly XA by accident, as it was in her handbag. Didn't have to worry about my photo taking leaving her with little to do - she shot over 1700 on our D70s.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin