Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,241   Online: 776

Shooter
    Multi Format

Where to buy 35mm slides in or close to Cambridge (Ontario)?

Hi all,

my friend is now in Canada, Cambridge (Ontario), and he would like to get some slides before he goes to visit Niagara Falls . Where to buy it?

thanks,
    Darko

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Your best--and probably only--bet in the area is Pond's in Guelph(519 823-5610). Failing that, try Burlington Camera(905 632-7722). Local processing isn't especially good, inexpensive, or fast. The best E-6 processing going now is Toronto Image Works(1-888-867-2252) in downtown Toronto with in by 11 out by 4 service M-F.

(Perhaps the mods could fast track this one?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bell*Arte Camera. They are right on the way.

http://bellarte.fotosource.com/contact_us.html

I have no connection to them other than being a very satisfied customer for over 30 years.

Mike

Shooter
    35mm

Re: Where to buy 35mm slides in or close to Cambridge (Ontario)?

Thanks Mike. I'll call them to make sure. This "friend" mentioned in first post is me. I'm new here, forum is huge so I was not sure where to ask.
    Regards,
    Jaroslav

Shooter
    35mm RF
    There's a Henry's Camera in Cambridge that should have film.
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try also Burlington Camera just off the QEW on Guelph Line. A real camera store. No connection, just a happy customer for quite a few years.

http://burlingtoncamera.com/products.html?catalog[name]=Film&catalog[decision_model_guids][0]=160830cc-7790-4399-9330-586545ab3e9b

Shooter
    35mm

Right, just want to say, I've found Burlington Camera on Google, sent the question via mail and they did confirm they have slides. So in the morning I stopped by and bought me 3 pieces of Velvia.
    Thanks everybody for help!
    Regards,
    Jaroslav

Shooter
    35mm

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Skeoch View Post
    There's a Henry's Camera in Cambridge that should have film.
    Rob, maybe I was unlucky, but they event didn't know what I am willing to buy. Neither slide nor diapositive did ring any bells.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jaroslav View Post
    Rob, maybe I was unlucky, but they event didn't know what I am willing to buy. Neither slide nor diapositive did ring any bells.
    I went to the Henry's in Ancaster once and the person at the counter looked at me like I was stupid when I asked them if they carried 120 film...They thought I was talking ISO. An older gentleman stepped in, clearly knowing his stuff, and took care of the sale, also giving me tips on how to get familiar with my camera (it was my first time shooting MF).

My father shopped at Bell Arte in Hamilton for many, many years. Probably the best place in that area for analog supplies, and your best chance at getting slide film.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin