Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,589   Online: 873

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    I just wanted to fit in with you all..
    That's fine Bob, being a Canadian is almost like being a Australian.
    Your welcome to come to thee next outing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    You need to buy another P 6X7 that way you can have B&W loaded into one and V50 into the other...

Ah, as you might well note, I have quite enough trouble hauling ONE P67 about, much less the expected success lumbered with two. BUT it does have merit for car-based swaps. :-)
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    So, where are the photos??!!?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    So, where are the photos??!!?

PATIENCE, m'boy. We don't live in an instant era...
    I'm collecting a roll of Vaudeville Velvia from Melb. this morning, which will have on it, among a trove of delightful little nooks and crannies up Toorongo River Sanctuary way, a precious two frames from the Cape Woolly wander.
    The other roll is still being guarded by Pentaximus. I might finish it this weekend when I head down to Johanna Beach.

So...where are yours?
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Hawthorn Oz, then MI USA from March 14, 2015!
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have processed my film, but yet to make prints. Been busy with other stuff.

Spent too much time trying to get a scan that works to post up here. For what ever reason I can not get b&w neg scans to work. Hence why I have a wet darkroom. Once I have a print I will have something to scan and post here for all to see.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A pinhole is back a couple of pages, but here is one from similar position but on a 270mm. If you click on photo the colour Pigface shots are there as well, although not that impressive small.

B&J 810 270mm on Shanghai 100 in Xtol.
    Split tone in PS, V700 scan

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I live vicariously through these shots, Gary!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My first scene of a profusion of pigface and granite on the way to The Pinnacles.
    This scene has been cropped from a 6x7 tranny beacuse I could not see the value of the scattering of boulders in the lower frame.

• Coastal Pigface, Cape Woolamai beach, nr. The Pinnacles, Phillip Island
    Velvia 50, 55mm f4 1/4 f11 SKY1B, TTL metered. Epson V700 scan
    Cropped from 6x7 RVP transparency.
© Gary Rowan Higgins/SILENT STREET

And just to return briefly to Toorongo River..

• A rainforest stream, Toorongo River Sanctuary (Oct 2012)
    Velvia 50, 45mm f4 10sec f16, polarised. Multispot/additive weighted mean average metering with baseline and filter-factor compensation. Epson V700 scan
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rainforest_ToorongoRiverSanctuaryOct2012.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	186.9 KB 
ID:	60946

There is an unfinished roll of RVP in Pentaximus holding at least 7 images of Cape Woolly.
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Love the second one, Gary! Well seen and captured.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    Love the second one, Gary! Well seen and captured.
    The troubles/niggles I am having with myself about The Pinnacles at Woolamai is that all the scenes have been photographed many thousands of times before almost the same as we have, so the effect of WOW! is a bit tempered by familiarity. That said, Boots' typically atmospheric mono image (above) certainly gets the message across dramatically and with pizazz, but there is still an undercurrent of "seen it before" feeling. Even my own are likely to be passed over as I was just about in the same spot wasn't I. We'll see...

Lachlan's much earlier suggestion post-trip to attempt to picture this area from the seaward side (if that is at all possible) where the rockpools are has merit as it would show The Pinnacles and general landscape in a new, unseen, unexplored perspective. That is what I think would lift the images we see from the pedestrian to the unique. None of the foregoing commentary is a criticism, by the way, but an observation of the need to attack this place in a new and totally different way.
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin