Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,698   Online: 840

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmiggins View Post
    I've lost the location in all the banter. Where are we meeting?
    And is it Friday 23rd or Sat 24th?
    /Frank...

Most likely the Saturday, 24th November. Not a Friday! Most people are beavering away in the Grunge Foundry...

Doubtless there will be individuals arranging car pooling, with a central meeting place for the start of the day, which I suggest be the shopping strip at San Remo (just before going onto the bridge) or the Cape Woolomai car park.

This assumes we are all in agreement about going to Woolomai — there have been no other suggestions to date. Weather conditions may necessitate careful consideration if things are looking pear-shaped but being that late in November it should be just honky-tonk.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm in!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ja, it seems we've got a good starter crowd at the gates for this sortie. No rush to pick over numbers, but the count-down has now commenced.
    I suggest for the benefit of planning travel that we rendezvous at San Remo shopping strip, just next to the bridge, around 10.30am, and proceed en mass to Cape Woolly.
    Coffee addicts, Mr Morel among, meme: pick up coffee for the day's work ahead! We'll discuss staying down there for the famed sunset but doubtless a few will probably have skittled off for home long before then. All in favour of the sunset idea (weather permitting, of course), raise your shutter finger...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi guys & girls
    will be in on that too??????
    if nothing untoward crops up
    cheers brian
    Life is a journey in the Forest and Mist.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From what I can gather but of course unconfirmed until much closer:

Poisson D'
    SMBooth
    Munz6869
    LJH
    Oxleyroad
    JamesR
    MursMiggins
    Yanluk
    BrianD

Are we in agreement for a 10.30am rendezvous at San Remo, or somewhere else? I imagine it is 1.5 hrs travel from Melbourne.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    1 hour and 35 minutes from rainy Hawthorn...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Marc, my niece in Morang Road Hawthorn is reporting rain, cold wind and descending gloom. And not much prettier here in the Deep South...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    10.30 start, and then sunset is a long day at one spot, i think we need a second site for the earlier times and then a walk to the rocks for late afternoon. It not as if you can just wander back to the car from the rocks. There plenty of little benches to photography, weather permitting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    10.30 start, and then sunset is a long day at one spot, i think we need a second site for the earlier times and then a walk to the rocks for late afternoon. It not as if you can just wander back to the car from the rocks. There plenty of little benches to photography, weather permitting.

This makes good sense to me. But I don't know Phillip Island well enough to suggest other little beaches, beside that rugged coast around the penguin colony.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    This makes good sense to me. But I don't know Phillip Island well enough to suggest other little beaches, beside that rugged coast around the penguin colony.
    Maybe push the meet-up time out to later in the day? Between 11 and 3 isn't much good for how/what I shoot, so I'd be happy to do an arvo run down to the Island.

3pm still leaves 5-6 hours to shoot...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin