Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,175   Online: 698

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Smashing photos Lachlan & Shane. Sounds like a great day!

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Lachlan for the fifth Mars Bar for the day. And the beer too!
    Had I known there was going to be chocolate, I might have tried harder to get there!

I agree with Marc, awesome photos Lachlan and Shane - very impressive.
    Hopefully the next one will be somewhere and somewhen that all of us can make it to together (or at least at a time when I'm not being so stupid lazy!)

I hope you all enjoyed the day. I'm looking forward to seeing more photos. Do we have a gallery set up for all of these outings? I'm aware of four of these gatherings over the past three years - only made it to two - and would love to see a collection of the images made at each of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not sure what you mean by a gallery, in terms of type, Molli. The group shots are very pedestrian (and often in B&W); it is the scenes that individuals have committed to film in whatever size, type or description, that transcends the awkward "group shots" — and the Cape Woolamai pics are far from artistic; they're the sort of pics one takes when the tonic is taking effect...

Perhaps a shared DropBox gallery where APUG members have posted images up, and others admitted by sharing invitation, can log-into and freely look at the images. The idea of a gallery does have merit with many people not having shown anything of recent trips (I'm still waiting to see a few others' interpretations of the Noojee and Cape Schanck outings...).
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Garyh, I was thinking of the Workshops & Get Togethers Gallery - but your idea is a lot better, particularly for non-subscribers who can't access the galleries at all. You're also correct with regard to artistic merit (specifically thinking of my "group shots" and the like!).
    Posting "snapshots" into the applicable thread and/or linking to flickr/photobucket etc. uploads would be good, also. It just seems that not many of us do that for whatever reason.

I'll just be happy with seeing people's images at the next gathering

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi everyone. Was great to meet you all. It was a real eye opener for me to see all those different types of camera's. That pinhole camera shot is really impressive! It was a long ride back to the western suburbs and my arse was pretty sore by the time I got home but it was all worth it. I reckon I've got some pretty nice shots on the old Canonet so the hunt is on for a decent scanner so I can share them on APUG. Anyway it was a great day. When is the next one scheduled for ?!?

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonno888 View Post
    When is the next one scheduled for ?!?
    Just a thought:

What about a NYE fireworks shoot?

Perhaps someone knows a Building Supervisor that would give us some rooftop access somewhere overlooking the Yarra?

Access/security can be a PITA.

As I wrote - just a thought...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Many thanks again to Lachlan for transporting a couple of us down and back with refreshments provided. Just the car trip alone provided some valuable insights into solution properties from Andy and Lachlan, years of knowledge with those two.

This was my first trip to the Cape, and while the weather didn't keep its end of the bargain up, the scenery was worth the effort of lugging body and equipment over what seemed like ten miles of tricky boulders. I wasn't being anti social when I spent most of my time at the top of the cliff, I just preferred the elevated view with that unco-operative light.

For the next trip I wouldn't mind doing something industrial, can you get access to the Melbourne ports?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My thanks also to Lachlan for being driver for the day. Really appreciated. My B&W films are processed. My colour ones are yet to be done. Thanks to Gary for helping me frame the image. I feel they all worked out very well. Shame I cannot get the scanner to represent the image as I know I will get on paper. Damn electronics and software.

Pictures to follow
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxleyroad View Post
    My thanks also to Lachlan for being driver for the day. Really appreciated. My B&W films are processed. My colour ones are yet to be done. Thanks to Gary for helping me frame the image. I feel they all worked out very well. Shame I cannot get the scanner to represent the image as I know I will get on paper. Damn electronics and software.

Pictures to follow

I will be interested to see the image that eventuated Andy (however which way you wrangle it!), though I remain largely flat, uninspired and to a predictable degree, disappointed by the prevailing conditions on the day. I had a niggling feeling in the carpark that we should have stayed at the Pinnacles when that firey sunset arose — that was a telling development: a bit of judicious spot metering of a fairly pedestrian outlook would have created quite a scene, and I'm not thinking of silhouetting the rocks. For what it's worth, I reckon the images of Coastal Pigface I made en route The Pinnacles will have more appeal.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Working through image slowly, colour is ready to pick up. But this one is pinhole at 250mm on Shanghai 100 film in Xtol and a 12 sec exposure.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PinnaclesGapPH06-250mm001SplitTone-rz.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	151.6 KB 
ID:	60344

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin