Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,009   Posts: 1,524,611   Online: 1058

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    I wish they'd move the used film cameras there. Then I'd have no reason to cross the street.
    I agree, although I do like to look at the tripods, bags and sometimes the filters too.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love Seattle. I was there for a week, back in October. Sunny skies every day, which kind of bummed me out some due to the contrast, but what can you do. When I got there, my buddy told me, they up to like 25 days straight without rain. Water falls were so-so due to no rain.

Can't wait to go back. It was my 2nd trip up there..

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Need advice for Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Pfiltz View Post
    I love Seattle. I was there for a week, back in October. Sunny skies every day, which kind of bummed me out some due to the contrast, but what can you do. When I got there, my buddy told me, they up to like 25 days straight without rain. Water falls were so-so due to no rain.

Can't wait to go back. It was my 2nd trip up there..
    Did you have a rental car? I think taking public transit was what got me, so depressing, lol

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I agree, although I do like to look at the tripods, bags and sometimes the filters too.
    I would too, if I knew where they were. And please don't tell me. One thing I hate about Kenmore Camera is their used gear selection and their assortment of bags. Every time I go in there I end up buying one or the other.

Every time I visit Glazers I come out with almost $200 worth of film and chems. Which wouldn't be a bad thing if I shot more frequently...
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    ...I spend a good chunk of my Seattle time in the film, darkroom and lighting section of Glazer's.
    And I do look for you every time I'm there.

That would be a good plan, too, except for that pesky part of not exactly knowing what you look like...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    And I do look for you every time I'm there.

That would be a good plan, too, except for that pesky part of not exactly knowing what you look like...

Ken
    Well Ken, as you have been looking

(from the "Show yourself" thread here on APUG)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Matt King-DPC-Self3-47e-2011-05.jpg  
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmm... I'm terrible with names. Forget 'em before the handshake is even over. But faces I remember. And I'm pretty sure I've seen that face not too terribly long ago.

Do you remember being at the Glazer's checkout counter (across the street in the analog building) when a rather oversized fellow (about 6-feet 6-inches, about 230-pounds, but not heavy-set) walked in the door? Blue jeans. Probably wearing a University of Idaho hooded gray sweatshirt? Might even have been wearing sunglasses (it wasn't November) for that quintessential Unabomber look?

Would have been last summer some time. On a Saturday. This guy is hard to miss, which sometimes comes in handy, and other times he hates...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think I remember the sweatshirt
    Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There you have it!

An international incident in the making.

Ken

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How about we plan a mini get-together the next time Matt is in town? I promise not to fall asleep this time.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin