Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,830   Online: 1102

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Geelong & Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreasT View Post
    Talking about Loacation and prices I am alway shocked at how expensive Ilford Photopaper is here in Germany. The price is about 50-60% higher than in England. Only Ilford paper. The others are the same. When I need Ilford I let it get sent to me. But surely there something rotten here that someone somewhere is adding too much for his own profit.

Point the finger at the Euro...
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Maybe but Kentmere paper made by Ilford is not really cheaper in England than here. I just thing the traders say hey it's the Ilford brand name lets make some money on it big time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What makes you sure that the Chinese made crap is more reliable than the real deal?
    I don't mind paying for the major brand name in batteries when the reputation is rock solid and proven. I spend $80 on lithium AA batteries for my EOS1N; I wouldn't dare put Chinee/grey market stuff in. Never take shortcuts with things like batteries when you could be left "dead in the water" at a critical time.
    Most of the major brand leading batteries are actually made in China, if you read the small print on the packaging.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 12-11-2012 at 07:59 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's an old saying in business "it's the profit that makes it deer".
    Ben

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin