Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,077   Online: 738

Shooter
    Multi Format

Buying Velvia in Guam?

I'm going to Guam soon, does anyone know if it's possible to buy 35mm Velvia there? If so, where. I did search on Google, but didn't find anything so far.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Buying Velvia in Guam?

Quote Originally Posted by apkujeong View Post
    I'm going to Guam soon, does anyone know if it's possible to buy 35mm Velvia there? If so, where. I did search on Google, but didn't find anything so far.
    Best advice is to ship ahead. You can bring SOME film on the plane and hope it's not x-rayed to death, or ship it there and be sure... Don't rely on buying there, it can be a nightmare..

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I should have explained, I hope I can buy some there because Velvia seems a lot cheaper in the US. I was hoping to go to Guam and stock up on Velvia 50% cheaper! I haven't had problems with film in carry on luggage yet, although sometimes my cameras get quite a bit of attention at x-ray points.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Buying Velvia in Guam?

I should have explained, I hope I can buy some there because Velvia seems a lot cheaper in the US. I was hoping to go to Guam and stock up on Velvia 50% cheaper! I haven't had problems with film in carry on luggage yet, although sometimes my cameras get quite a bit of attention at x-ray points.
    That's an expensive pane ride to save in film cost lol!

I don't trust the airlines, I've had film ruined (64ASA) film... Which is super slow, so, I can't imagine it's that much cheaper than B&H ... But let us all know if it is. Set up a contact who you can send money to, have them buy and ship to you (and us hehe).

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm in Seoul right now, the cost of Velvia is about $16 (US) here (yes, $16 for one 36 exposure 35mm roll), so I hope they sell it at US mainland prices in Guam - if it's cheaper than here, I'll buy a load, assuming I can find some.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Buying Velvia in Guam?

I'm in Seoul right now, the cost of Velvia is about $16 (US) here (yes, $16 for one 36 exposure 35mm roll), so I hope they sell it at US mainland prices in Guam - if it's cheaper than here, I'll buy a load, assuming I can find some.
    Wow!! That's expensive. In NY City 35mm is much more expensive than 120 here, I pay about $5 for a roll of Velvia in 120 and $8.50 for it in 35mm... And I thought that was bad!!

Well do it quick, Fuji prices will rise 10% in March 2013.

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Phototown, Tropical Color, 17minute Photo are the Photo Stores at Guam. Guam photographers prefers to buy from BH with express mail. You can do the same there.

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After I got to Guam, I didn't find much in the way of film. As Mustafa pointed out above, it seems very likely it's shipped in from the US. I found some Kokak negative film in a supermarket, that was it.

A follow up on the cost of Velvia 50, I just bought some for an overseas trip. It now costs 18,000 Korean won for a 36 exposure roll, that's $16.77 right now according to xe.com. I'm flying to Nepal tomorrow, it was not good being in a shop having to calculate how much film I could afford to buy for the trip. Last time I stocked up on Velvia it was sold in packs of 10 - it's now sold in packs of 5.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin