Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,265   Online: 980

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Lake Louise in Winter

A friend of mine said all photographers around here take the same photo from the same famous spot at Lake Louise. But you have to as it is too compelling not to. He also said every photo is unique because the light is always different.

Yesterday I did the tourist photo of the Lake and the Victoria glacier. Today I did it again, a little colder (-20C) but sunny. Tomorrow it will be warmer and clear. I plant to be on the ice at 7:30 AM (dawn) and expect to have a third different photo from the same place.

It is phenomenal how true my friend's observation is.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For another unique shot of this icon, head up in late May, when the ice begins to melt. As well, you can always go for broke and schlep your rig up the Tea-house Trail (snow shoes are generally recommended).
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Greetings from sunny south Florida,

A few years ago we were on vacation in Alberta and while in Banff during a visit to the Whyte Museum we had the pleasure of meeting Craig Richards their resident photographer. We later had the additional pleasure of entertaining him as our house guest when he presented a workshop here in Miami. If you are not familiar with his work it is well worth checking it out both online and in person.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    jeff, we need to get together sometime this year. there are a few apugers in florida now. i like to meet them all!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    A few years ago I stayed at the Hotel that looks out on that lake. They will wake you up in time for sunrise if you request.

They aren't suppose to do that if the weather isn't very good, but for some reason they forgot that part and called me around 5 am . The weather was lousy view wasn't great but it was a wonderful adventure anyway.

It is difficult to get a different view, but as you are discovering light is everything
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    35mm
    RALPH...
    WOULD YOU ADD ME TO YOUR LIST? I'M IN VENICE!

THANKS,
    jOHN

Shooter
    Medium Format
    look at that... them apuggers are all over this State - I'm in Tampa-St. Pete - have camera will travel.

jvo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice, I haven't been to Banff in the winter (the national park Lake Louise is located in), but it sure looks stunning in photos. I'm sure you've got some nice exposures there. Are you staying at the Chateau or further away in the "town"?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Try to walk up to Lake Agnes.
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    35mm
    Kilgallb -You should take the walk from the hotel around the right side of the lake and watch for any ice climbers. Awesome!!

I did some cross country skiing over the lake in winter several years ago. A beautiful area in winter or summer.

Bruce

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin