Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,815   Posts: 1,581,625   Online: 762

Shooter
    35mm

Darkrooms in the Hudson Valley area

I am likely going to be working near New Paltz, NY for a period of time starting in March. I'm assuming there is a darkroom at the university there, but I'm not sure.

Is anyone aware of other schools and/or community darkrooms in the greater hudson valley? I know there is historically a strong artistic community in the hudson valley and I read the extremely cool magazine Chronogram, which is about Hudson Valley life, so I'm thinking there's got to be an analogue community present somewhere.

Thanks!

Mark

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    From the SUNY New Paltz website:
    The program provides access to a variety of studios, including darkrooms for black and white, a lighting studio, alternative process facilities, computer laboratories with multimedia capabilities, the college's web server, and facilities of other areas in the Art Department.
    Might have to sign up for an evening or adult-ed course to get access, but there are darkrooms.

Shooter
    Medium Format

group

there is a hudson valley group of apuggers under geographic locations...

there is the westchester photographic society, and another group that meets at the hudson river museum in yonkers - either may have members that can help.

pm me if you come up short - i used to live there and may be able to do better.

jvo.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'll be in the Catskills, and I did find out that the Center for Photography at Woodstock has public darkrooms. SUNY New Paltz does not have public access. I talked to the head of the photography program there. That's all I've got so far.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin