Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,379   Online: 753

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seattle

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Seattle

Any one here living in Seattle?

I will be there on my way to and from Alaska and need some information.

Thanks,

ANn
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a bunch of them here Ann, but they might be all out drinking coffee .

See this thread for some of the usual suspects: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum49/1...e-seattle.html

I'm a neighbour of sorts, living a couple of hours drive north, in Canada.

I do visit there fairly regularly though.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My good friends to the north will strangle me if I so much as utter a single word in reply...

Bluto Blutarsky
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 01-23-2013 at 11:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Coffee? Hmm, mine says Laphroaig on the label. I don't think that's coffee.

What kind of misinformation were you looking for?
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I work in Seattle, live on Vashon. What info do you need?
    Michael

"I only wanted Uncle Vern standing by his new car (a Hudson) on a clear day. I got him and the car. I also got a bit of Aunt Mary's laundry, and Beau Jack, the dog, peeing on a fence, and a row of potted tuberous begonias on the porch and 78 trees and a million pebbles in the driveway and more. It's a generous medium, photography." -- Lee Friedlander

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Basically, I have a lot of time available when leaving and would rather not spend 10 hours at the airport.

I would like to store my luggage and etc. in a locked enivornment at the airport. Do they still have these lockers ? the type one used to find all the time , put in money, lock up whatever and be able to retrieve later?

Getting from the pier to the airport is not the problem, it is the luggage that I don't want to drag all over town while I snoop around.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I found the following on the Sea-Tac Airport website...

There are no self-service baggage lockers at Sea-Tac Airport. Ken's Baggage Storage & Rentals, a staffed service on the Baggage Claim Level between Carousels 12 & 13, offers storage for everything from a small set of keys to a bicycle and luggage.
    So, no and yes.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks , that helps.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Also, I tried using google to discover if they have an "ON OFF Shuttle type bus , that takes folks from points of interests.

Not much success.

Is there a subway, train, bus, etc from the airport into the middle of the city, or is it my cab.

Or, if someone could just point me to a website I will continue some research.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's a page outlining the various modes of transportation to and from the airport. I don't know of anything that takes you to and from actual points of interest, unless they happen to be on a bus route. The page Transport by Location might help.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin