Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,166   Online: 1057

Thread: Norway

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Norway

Hello All,
    Would like to take the wife to see the northern lights. I have read that Norway is a wonderful place to do this.
    Has anyone on the site done this?
    I plan on going in the next few weeks. Kind of last minute but life is short.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Arthur

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ive got no info for you but your a good man.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yes and thanks. Used it while I was in Iceland last year.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    there's a group on facebook, called analog geeks (strange spelling, I know) - most are from Norway, and very helpful

Try them...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nothing specific, but I'll mention that when my son and wife went to Scandinavia a few years back, they used an overnight ferry (with staterooms) between at least a couple of cities. Made for a productive use of time and substituted for hotel room.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    When I was in Norway a few years ago, for half the time I was on a postal boat from Bergen to Kirkenes. This was very interesting because it stopped at EVERY port along the coast, delivering all sorts of things. Also, during summer it's moreorless light all the time, so you would dock (and I was lucky enough to have a cabin on the port side) at some ridiculous hour and there'd be all sorts of interesting things going on. Norway benefits from having the Northernmost bit of continental Europe in it (Nordkapp), and so there, and at this time of year (winter/dark) would probably be the best spot to see the Northern Lights...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin