Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,732   Posts: 1,515,286   Online: 891

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

boston area / new england area appuggers are you OK ?

after watching and hearing the news about the boston marathon event
    i am hoping new england / boston area appugers who may have been nearby
    are OK ...

its a sad day ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes indeed, all the best to those affected by this tragic event. Just got off the phone with a close friend who was thankfully not personally hurt by the blasts but who had a friend hurt in the process. My best to those in Boston or those with loved ones there.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've only heard a small part of the story - my heart goes out to anyone who was in the area. I've taken pics at the marathon a few times and it's almost unbelievable how many people are around.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We stayed near home today... went to one of the reenactments over the weekend near Concord, which can be crowded, but nothing like the Marathon. I don't like being in such crowded places (and don't forget, there was a Red Sox game as well) so going into Boston on Patriot's Day has never had much appeal to me, but my heart is a little broken over this, and I hope our New England APUG group are all ok.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We're getting media coverage of events in Boston here in Australia; there are Australian runners there e.g. Robert deCastella and indigenous runners — all OK, but shaken.
    This is shocking. Really shocking.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    While we woud've never wanrted to be near the goal in the first place, we have gone to see the marathon in the past, so I'm grateful to say none in my family or that I know was directly involved.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Close call for one of my colleagues at work. He was waiting near the finish line, with his two young daughters, for his wife to finish. They were caught in the chaos, but they were all unhurt. Sad that people purposely inflicy pain upon others.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is nuts.. I hope they get these creeps. What a perfect plan to create mayhem. Everyone is distracted with race, nobody is paying attention to anyone else. This changes everything with these types of events. Its going to be the point where you won't bother going for fear of another incendent or the hassle of processing through security. Just aweful.

ToddB

Shooter
    Medium Format

yes..

my heart and prayers go to the folks in boston... at the same time it caused to reflect on the damage, (i speak as an american and infantry veteran), we have inflicted around the world with our drones.

my hope and prayers for a gentler future for all.

jvo

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

boston area / new england area appuggers are you OK ?

It's strange how tragedy's affect us, I was in NY on 911 and my GF has run the Boston Marathon before... Even though this year she wasn't in it, it still made me worry for no reason simply by association. Such sadness. And then with the whole presidential poisoning thing, something's going on :/ ugh...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin