Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,765   Posts: 1,516,386   Online: 1008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Is diesel commonly available in Canada?

I am considering the purchase of a diesel Jeep, and I will be traveling in Alberta, Canada. Is diesel readily available at gas stations? Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Early Riser View Post
    I am considering the purchase of a diesel Jeep, and I will be traveling in Alberta, Canada. Is diesel readily available at gas stations? Thanks.
    Yes, in my experience. Although most of my experience is in BC.

I just experimented with the "Station Finder" on the Petro-Canada site. They are just one of many retailers here.

If I enter Calgary, Alberta and Diesel as the search criteria, 14 stations are listed.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can easily get diesel all over Canada. Propane however, which my first car ran on, is harder to find.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    If your in Calgary give me a call. PM me for my tele number.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Regina Canada (sounds more fun than it is)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Especially in Alberta and Saskatchewan where there is a lot of farm machines (tractors, etc.), diesel is widely available.
    Once a photographer is convinced that the camera can lie and that, strictly speaking, the vast majority of photographs are "camera lies," inasmuch as they tell only part of a story or tell it in a distorted form, half the battle is won. Once he has conceded that photography is not a "naturalistic" medium of rendition and that striving for "naturalism" in a photograph is futile, he can turn his attention to using a camera to make more effective pictures.

Andreas Feininger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not every station has diesel, but I'd wager probably about a quarter of them do. The two stations I routinely use (which are Shells) both have diesel.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would be very surprised if Canada doesn't have diesel. What do they run their trucks on? (proper trucks, not pickups).

Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    When you get down to a quarter tank, keep an eye out, and you'll have no problems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey guys thanks for the info! Now if only the jeep diesel is available in time for my next trip.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I would be very surprised if Canada doesn't have diesel. What do they run their trucks on? (proper trucks, not pickups).
    I'm wondering too.

Quote Originally Posted by Early Riser View Post
    Hey guys thanks for the info! Now if only the jeep diesel is available in time for my next trip.
    What is the difference between truck and Jeep diesel?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin