Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,947   Online: 1016

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Up North, Down South, Far East and Far West

This is something that I've been thinking of for some time...

What if some European photographers from different countries made a group project making landscape pictures of places in Europe that are near the edges of the continent (in the 4 directions, of course), thus the southern coasts of Greece, Italy (Sicily), Malta, and Spain, the northern parts of Scandinavia, the western coasts of Ireland, NW Spain, Portugal and Iceland and the easternmost parts of Russia ?? (when I say "coasts" this doesn't mean that the sea must always be in the frame, of course ! Any picture made near the edge of the continent will be accepted, it might be of a seascape, landscape or urban landscape !)

We can organize that in such a way that the participants might have some loose directives to follow (although it must be strictly analog of course) and then gather the printed work in order to show it digitally (online) and (more important, as it will after all be analog work) physically in an exhibition somewhere in Europe !! (or more than one places, of course)...

What are your views on this idea ?

(the Apuggers from other continents might want to follow, creating their own line of landscapes !!)
    Last edited by George Papantoniou; 07-11-2013 at 10:27 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Error

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds interesting. Count me in.
    Regards

Birger A.

------------------

Idealism is easy on a full stomach

Shooter
    Medium Format
    sounds interested. can those of us in england join in? i live on the west coast!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wilfbiffherb View Post
    sounds interested. can those of us in england join in? i live on the west coast!
    You mean Plymouth ??

Sure, why not ?

I don't think that we need to be VERY strict about the geographic location of the places where the pictures will be taken, otherwise we will end up with only a couple of people actually being able to work on the project !! Therefore, I propose that all pictures should be made in places that are NEAR but not exactly at the edges of the continent !! If you live on that big island, I think that you can work on any part of the west coast or near the west coast, from Fort William to Plymouth !! I hope that there will be some soul from Ireland that will be interested to cover that other big island's west coast !!

Let's see what a few days waiting will bring us !! Still have to cover the east and I hope that we'll have more friends from the south, west and north joining us !! How about Russia, Iceland, Sicilia, Espana, Portugal ??

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This is a good idea. Count me in.
    Jon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am really happy that some friends have responded to this idea and that they come from different corners of the continent (West, North, Northwest) ! Still have to find some more (I am sure that there will be a few more people interested, if someone knows a photographer that might be interested and hasn't stumbled on this thread, please let him/her know about it) !!

Furthermore, I think that the people that have already responded have to start talking about the way that this group project could be organized (the rules, timeline and stuff) so that we can define some final "guidelines" !! I might have been the one proposing the project, but I don't want to be the one deciding about all the rules !!

One of us can start and the others will comment/add so that we can arrive to a decision ! Who wants to start ??

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin