Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,418   Online: 779

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516172161 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cold, cold, cold! So cold, when I started the car, the LCD display showing which vents, defrost, etc. in use, it barely worked. At first I thought it was broken. Oh, and according to Accuweather, more snow on the way this weekend.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm about 22 miles West of Cleveland, Ohio. Right now (about 12:40 p.m.) it's 9 degrees F (about -12.7 C), but has stopped snowing. Where I live, we accumulated about a foot and a half of snow in the past 48 hours; I like snow. The "snow belt" is to the East of Cleveland, and they get far more snow than we do.

Just a typical winter for us. It will probably all melt in a week or two, then happen again. We also get the most snow in February, and it looks like this is going to be a good year for snow

Even though this is normal, it seems the area is populated with clones of Chicken Little. Every year they panic, even the years we get very little snow. People born and raised here often act like they've never seen snow before. I set them up by kindly telling them they will get used to it after they've lived here a couple years. When they say they've lived here all their lives I sarcastically ask why, then, are they panicking.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Large Format
    At Christmastime I noted to my Dad at how northerners move south, but had never heard of it happening in reverse. I guess it happens, but I've never heard of it. It's COLD up there. I don't see how you all can take it. But I guess once it gets below about 20, you can't tell any real difference.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    In the upper 60's here It is changed from the past years down in 30's. Also, we have had only 3.01" of rain in one year
    Getting tired of the sunshine all year long

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    8+ inches of snow
    wind chill about 8ºF
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmm... forgot about the wind chill, and I'm about to go out and clear the drive.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Truzi View Post
    Even though this is normal, it seems the area is populated with clones of Chicken Little. Every year they panic, even the years we get very little snow. People born and raised here often act like they've never seen snow before.
    And usually drive like it as well. I love how the media blames "the storm" for auto accidents and sometimes deaths.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    At Christmastime I noted to my Dad at how northerners move south, but had never heard of it happening in reverse. I guess it happens, but I've never heard of it. It's COLD up there. I don't see how you all can take it. But I guess once it gets below about 20, you can't tell any real difference.
    You never heard of the Great Migration? Lots of people move north, but not for the weather.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Lots of wind and rain with flooding here. A repeat performance of what we had last week.

My local railway station looked like a canal with water instead of tracks and a tunnel had water up to about 18" from the top.

Railway on the right, small stream in the middle, playing field on the left: http://onthewight.com/wp-content/201...To-Tippers.jpg

Tunnel flooded (at its peak, it was higher than this): http://www.iwcp.co.uk/files/images/n...411&height=219

Steve.
    Last edited by Steve Smith; 01-03-2014 at 01:35 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    No snow, windchill here more than a week per year. Some years its max. 3 weeks not more. Its 10 degrees or so.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin