Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,924   Posts: 1,556,700   Online: 1174

Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 267891011121314151617182262 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    No, ericcg, had honestly never heard of that. Not till you mentioned it did I google it up. Sure explains a lot. Was just mentioning a couple days ago to a guy on here how I learn things on here. Seems like years ago in the newspapers was a column by some nationally-known fellow who would every so often have a column on "things I learned in route to looking up other things". Guy's name was Sidney something-or-other, I think.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Minus fucking below. When the temp in Celcius=Fahrenheit, not good.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Well I guess the one thing to come from a day like this--at least you can get somewhere on getting that blasted sweetgum to split. Why god invented that miserable tree I'll never know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwysiwyg View Post
    And usually drive like it as well. I love how the media blames "the storm" for auto accidents and sometimes deaths.
    I know. I've no problem driving in the snow - and have even driven in an upper Michigan blizzard. The problem I have is how most people here drive in the snow. One time when it hadn't snowed in a while, and the roads were dry, a minivan was so afraid of the tiny bit of snow 40-feet away in the grassy median that the driver almost side-swiped the tractor-trailer on the other side of her. It was rush hour, so that would have been a spectacular accident.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    People don't drive well around here any time of year so it's hard to tell, but what I don't get is how every year and with almost every big-ish storm stores run out of snow shovels. We get snow every winter and I've kept the same shovel for years. What gives? Maybe people throw theirs out in frustration at the end of the season, that I could understand.

btw I'm working in my nice and toasty darkroom today, jealous?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    Tell us how you really feel.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    -4f this morning, wind chill of -17, Eight inches of fresh white schtuff to clear off the walks and dig away from my cars. It managed to get up to a pleasant +8 for the high today.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    Thats around -40 F/C , isn't it ? Warm regards from a wet, windy and about 44 F Sweden.

Karl-Gustaf
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

www.heliochroma.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    Tell us how you really feel.
    Yeah I'm really losing it here. This winter has been totally relentless so far and the freezing is just too much. Maybe I'm too old, but -40? Seriously? I'm about ready to light myself on fire to keep warm.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Michael R, as I look at a map of Canada, you're "way down south". There's a whole lot of Canada above you. Wonder if anybody lives up there. That has got to be some kind of cold way up there. I don't even want to imagine it. It's 31F here right now and I'm shoving wood in the stove as fast as I can haul it in the house, and I'm about to freeze. More power to ya, buddy.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin